Monday, February 1, 2016

Pottery is taking over


This is only about 1/3 of the batch of pieces that I got out of the kiln today.  Now the arduous task of glazing each one will take me a few weeks.  There is going to be a craft sale on March 12 and I am working towards having enough good pieces to have a booth.  Dave said he will help be a salesman at the event.

Today there was a Club and Activities Fair to lure new members to join.  I helped out at the Hiking Club table and met quite a few new people - some even from Oregon.  It's interesting when fairly old, shakey looking people inquire about the hikes.  I probably shouldn't, but I immediately tell them about the easy "D" level hikes.  Looks can be deceiving around here.

                          

My favorite club was the English Country Dancers.  Here are their members at their table enticing people to join.  I guess wearing those hats is the big draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment