Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Barren v. Abundant

Just walking the neighborhoods is a lesson in cactus varieties and landscaping.  We have been evaluating what plants we'd like to have in our yard, which ones bloom in spring, and which ones can survive without us for many months.  Here are two "opposite" yards. The first one doesn't even "say" Arizona.

 This one is on the deserted, sparse side.  Not our favorite look.


Here is a flower from the Argentine Giant.  This is the plant we hope to get a few of when we go to the cactus nursery - today.  We love these fantastic flowers!


Yesterday I went to the smaller of the two libraries in Saddlebrooke to pick up some books.  As my books were being checked out I noticed a sign on the "for sale" book cart.  It said 
$1 for a book
or
$1 for two books
It struck me as so funny.  Being the shrewd shopper that I am, I bought two books.

1 comment:

  1. Two for one, very nice. What books did you get?

    ReplyDelete