Saturday, March 7, 2015

Facts about Arizona Life

One of the downsides of living in Arizona is the hair issue.  Normally I have pretty curly hair.  You
wouldn't know that if you saw me now.  Between the hard water in our shower, the dryness in the air, and the wind, I have flat, straight hair.  I finally got a haircut yesterday and the hairdresser tried to bring the curls back but I think they are gone until I see Oregon.

Dave's hair, on the other hand, is getting long.  No haircut in three months - and that's a record! He is starting to look like he did in high school.  He's still got a ton of thick, dark hair.   I think he is turning into one of those old men who sport long, gray ponytails - except he doesn't have any gray hair!  I can see now that we're going to be one of those couples where when we go out people will come up to Dave and say "oh, it's so nice that you are taking your mother out."

Golf balls - my aunt Tina and Dave are both ball hogs.  Now on Dave's daily walks he brings a stick to help retrieve balls that have gone into the brush.  One day he came home with 33 balls.  He can't help himself when he sees a lost golf ball.  My aunt has garbage cans full of rescued balls.  It's a bit like an Easter egg hunt for those two.


This is one part of our front yard where Dave planted three new cactus plants.  We spent some time at Bach's Cactus Garden which was a fantastic nursery.  It was part research facility, part store.  The kind of place where you go crazy buying too much.  Starting to love cactus now.  We're hoping when we come back next year we will see definite growth on these guys.  They may be too young to flower, but that would be nice.

80 degree days are in the forecast!  Hope we can handle it.

1 comment:

  1. What sort of research is done at the cactus research facility?

    ReplyDelete