Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Life in General

Now that the house is running "smoothly", I have time to start tackling some of the bigger projects.   Here are the before and after photos of the hall tree we inherited when we bought the house.  I gave chalk painting a try and figured that a free piece of furniture was the best guinea pig.

It's not a bad piece, but I'm trying to make the house more contemporary and definitely more Southwest and less "old lady".

We have been trying to attract birds to the yard but only have one tree in the front yard, a Mesquite.  I have been making some bird feeders in pottery and the one I hung on the tree has already had a lot of action.  In the back yard we have the hummingbird feeders and now have a little friend, the Costa's Hummingbird - which we don't have in Oregon.  No photo of him, yet.

And lastly, I have noticed that the old people here have a hard time letting go of Christmas.  We still see lots of santa hats all over the cactus.  I think the main reason is to protect the Saguaro from frost, but it is almost February.




1 comment: